Friday 6 January 2012

dear Sun, how I love thee

I know, I know. I was incredibly depressing the other day with the whole frozen eyeballs chat. But, I am here to redeem myself. Today, (only 2 days after the -15 shananigans) I stood outside waiting for the Go train and the sun warmed my face. Through the chilly weather - not downright cold, but certainly no summer day - the sun's rays shone directly on my and warmed me. How amazing is it?

Anyway, I've decided that the hideously cold days of -15 let you appreciate a mild +5 winter day and this change is the joy of the Canadian winter. The other day had me happily wandering through the streets today. I felt great. Another day will surely come where I'll be hiding under my duvet, resolving to not go outside even though I know I have to. But it will pass, and with the passing of that day will come glee at a fairly mediocre day.

Others have told me the wild ups and downs of winter make it impossible to get used to the bitter cold days when they do come. To these people I say 'Rubbish', I'd much rather take the joy and pain than be consistently numb. I also say 'Read Lois Lowry's The Giver people, then you'll know what I'm talking about'.
On the contrary, a delightful summer day in London (as seen here) doesn't have the same amount of heat from the sun. WHY? Is there an ozone hole going on over Toronto? Are there multiple ozone layers in London? Que esta pasando?

No comments:

Post a Comment