Wednesday 21 December 2011

Jingle Jingle - except in my pocket

My top 5 Christmas songs:

5. I wanna hippopotamus
4. Melekalikimaka
3. Oh Holy Night
2. Carol of the Bells
1. Teresa Brewer's Christmas album - the whole album

(photo popsike.com)

Ah the scents of Christmas are in the air. Fir trees, eggnog, black cake (West Indian xmas dessert delicacy filled with rum), money burning through my wallet and being replaced by small tokens of appreciation for loved ones. 
Christmas is quite different this year. For the last 10, I have raced home as early as I could from uni, hockey or work commitments to enjoy the holidays with my family and friends, and have raced off just as quickly to return to those commitments. It's very nice to be able to have quite a relaxed Christmas where I'm not filling my few days with fitting people in so I see everyone. I can enjoy all the splendour of Christmas, and I do love me a good Christmas, without paying way too much to fly home for far too little a time. I also get the added bonus of being able to say 'yes' when invited to parties and events after New Years. Hooray!  It also means more unusual parties I may not have gone to in the past because it would have been time spent away from a larger group of friends can now be attended, and new friends made. 
I also have close friends and family who are doing the flying in from abroad thing, so the excitement of 'this is Christmas, and it's a big deal because so-and-so came home for it' is definitely in the air, and I've already had a chance to partake. 

Ding dong ding dong! 
Songs of good cheer!
Christmas is here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment