Wednesday 28 December 2011

Ice house

I miss lots of things about London everyday, but today everything else pales in comparison to my longing for being able to control the heating in my apartment. As in turn on the heating when it's -5 outside and you can see your breath in your bedroom.
(photo torontoist.com)

Our heating is controlled by our lovely, friendly downstairs neighbours who are away for the Christmas break. Luckily, by some animalistic foresight, and suggestion from parents, we have a mini space heater that has helped us survive the night. However even with the heater and many blanket, ski clothing, etc I still can't feel 3 of my toes. Our landlord was supposed to be here between 11 and 1. It's now 345. He's not here. He is probably rightfully terrified of the cold and my wrath. A knowledgeable friend did tell me that it is legal for a dwelling that's only 2 separate apartments to share utilities. A law no doubt written by someone who's never been without heat on a -5 winter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment