Thursday 13 October 2011

beginnings

After living away from the GTA for 10 years, I'm moving back to Toronto. This blog is about getting to know the city. I grew up in Scarborough and Mississauga, and left the GTA when I was 18, so I feel like I don't really know Toronto at all.
Having lived in Vancouver, Barcelona, Hamburg and more recently London, England I'm excited to be back home (though I also have an underlying fear of 'settling' which I'm ignoring for the time being). Moving home brings a completely different kind of expectation than moving abroad. I am older now, I am in the middle of a career, and a long term relationship; I don't want a basement apartment or a job that will pay the rent. I'm not moving to get a university career, play in a top sports league, or just to see what it's like there. I'm moving home to..... see if I like living at home. 
This blog will attempt to help me figure it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment